Bathroom renovation is one of the main home renovations you can do to increase the value of your house. Whether you want a small change or a major overhaul; in this article I’m going to give you some tips about what you can expect and what you should do with a bathroom renovation.
- Nothing has such a big impact on a bathroom then the tiles you choose. They can make or break your bathroom design because they dominate the entire look of this room. If redoing your bathroom tiles is not an option, consider doing some deep cleaning and redoing the grout and caulk. You can also consider using tile paint on them to cover up a wrong or outdated color choice, although this is a more temporary solution.
- Most bathrooms are not as big as we would like them to be and hiring a construction company to do an extension might not be an option. Therefore you need to find great storage solutions that work for you and your family and avoid clutter to make the room not seem even smaller than it already is.
- Consider overhauling your sink and toilet. It is not that expensive to do and it makes a huge difference when it comes to your bathroom design.
- As with any other room, the choice of wall color is important to set the right atmosphere in the room. Even if you only add color to one wall, the entire room will seem different. Color is also a great way of creating the illusion of a bigger room or downplaying a ceiling that is too high, for example.There is a whole range of visual tweaking that can be done to a bathroom by implementing the right wall colors.
- Overthink your floor choice. There are a lot of bathrooms that feature wooden floors. But wood is not a good option because its sensitivity to water damage. Research other floor options for your bathroom. There are many different ways to add modern touches to your bathroom floor when you redesign it.
- Do not underestimate the smaller changes you can make. Details like light fixtures, plants and a new set of towels and some candles improve the design of your bathroom in many ways, besides a change of the wall color. Just by adding a new shower curtain you can change the room’s look for the better.
- In the long run you should consider overhauling your shower and bathtub for a design that is both modern and comfortable for daily use. If you want a shorter term fix, because you are renting or do not want to spend as much money, just invest in new water fixtures , faucets and a new shower head for a start.
- Sometimes you don’t have to do many things at the same time. You can start with small changes.
There are many ways to improve the look of your current bathroom and one to fit every budget. I hope I could give your some inspiration to overhaul your bathroom design. Your bathroom can have a higher wellness factor. It is easier to do than you might think!